A school council is group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.
The school council does a number of things:
Our school council meets, with a teacher present - to discuss and sort out problems. These may include school fundraising, littering around school and safe parking.
Members of the school council are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed, such as planning competitions, organising fun nights and Eid parties.
To make sure that our school is a safe and happy place for children.
To make sure that children have a place to voice their concerns.
To encourage all children in the school to suggest improvements.
To make sure any suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon.
A good school council is one that represents the views of all students and gets things done.
A council that is not too big (20 members)
Good communication between representatives and their class
· Held fun night and film nights.
· Distributed our Harvest collection.
· Designed the school’s Christmas card
· Registered with The Great Spring Clean
· Helped raise £743 for Pendleside Hospice
· Organised competitions with prizes
· Arranged a sponsored run - money raised paid for our Eid Parties
· Organised a Dance a thon for Comic relief
· Helped out at Eid sale, parents evenings and summer fayre
· Invited other schools to visit us.
Walverden will again, elect some hard working and dedicated members to the council this year, which will lead to us great achievements.
The school, the school council and the pupils will work as one to help each other reach our school vision;
to dream, to believe and to achieve.